some features that would help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matcafe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: some features that would help Reply with quote

I was trying to generate random brick patterns (not to create textures, but to see how to design a nice tile pattern), and this program has definitely been quite useful, so I thank the developer for making this (for free too!).

However, it seems that the developer has stopped working on this program for a while, which would be quite unfortunate as I think this program could have done much more with some tweaks/additions:

1. 'offset' should be a slider + random instead of either '50%' or 'random'
2. would be best if users can define the sizes of each brick/tile they want to use, or even create some sort of tile pattern. right now there is only a range for dimensions and makes things uncontrollable.
3. each brick texture should have its own 'random brick color' setting, instead of applying it to all textures by default.
4. users should be able to adjust the ratios of different textures easily. right now, if i want texture A to appear twice as frequently as texture B, i would have to add texture A twice.
5. after each preview, there should be a count of how many of each texture files have appeared (to check if it is close to the desired ratio)
6. some settings that helps define the layout. for instance, a user can prefer the overall look to be more uniform, lumped, random or natural
7. UI can be more intuitive
8. too many freezes and forced closes on windows 7

I can see that the primary use of this program is to make generic textures for 3D models and such, but with some modifications it could be so useful - people can design their tile layouts in online stores in a few clicks for example.

would love to know if this program is still being updated...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bricks'n'Tiles Forum Index -> Wishlist All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: